Up to £36,500
Portsmouth, Full Time(medical and nursing)
Theatre Lead required for a treatment centre in Portsmouth rated 'Good' by the Care Quality commission.
Our client is a large independent provider of health care throughout the UK including a treatment centre in Portsmouth which specialises in minor hand and foot surgery, Ophthalmics, General Surgery, Urology, and Endoscopy.
The centre is open five days per week between 8am and 6pm.
We are currently looking for a Theatre Lead to provide senior line management for theatres and the recovery room.
Key responsibilities are: -
Prioritise patient care throughout the department, assuming shift leader responsibility allocating staff and resources effectively.
- Take responsibility for the initial informal management of sickness, absence and discipline, ensuring all departmental and company policies and guidelines are adhered to.
- Provide orientation and support to new staff to the theatres and recovery room.
- Support junior staff with supervision and development defining levels of responsibility and role boundaries of junior staff providing adequate opportunities for them to develop their role.
- Take the lead role in event of any major incident within the unit.
- To initiate and take responsibility for the reporting of critical incidents and complaints, ensuring action is taken and the process is communicated appropriately.
- To be proficient and up to date with theatre procedures leading to an improvement in patient care developed through the use of evidence based practice.
- To participate and assist in the systematic monitoring, review and evaluation of nursing practice through clinical audit.
- To participate and assist in the setting of standards of patient care based on sound research findings.
To be successful in this role you will have: -
- Current registration with the NMC as a nurse or the HCPC as an ODP
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Teaching and assessing qualification or equivalent
- Post-registration specialist theatre course or equivalent
- Advanced Life Support (UKRC)
Our client is offering a competitive salary up to £36,500 plus numerous benefits working for this private provider
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity please send your CV to Caroline:
KEYWORDS: Theatre Lead, Theatre Nurse, Theatre ODP, NMC, HCPC, Senior Management, Medical and Nursing, Portsmouth
- Registered Nurse
- Theatre Nurse
- Operating Department Practitioner
- Threatre Lead
- Theatre ODP