For well over 45 years The Place has been one of the most important centres for dance development in the UK, with its mission to transform and enrich lives through dance. Developing artists at every stage of their career is at the very heart of what The Place stands for; we invest resource, time and expertise in nurturing dance artists from the earliest stage through to mature world-class talent. We do this by supporting excellence, risk and ambition, and by placing artists, students, audiences and participants firmly at the heart of our work.
As The Place moves towards its 50th anniversary, we are looking to appoint a highly motivated and forward thinking finance professional to provide an expert business partnering service across the organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Resources, your key responsibilities will include:
- Building an effective link between Finance and the rest of the organisation, adding value to decision-making and developing the best possible, joined-up, financial management;
- Providing clear communication and in-depth support by building and maintaining excellent relationships with the business; ensuring budget holders are supported on all financial issues;
- Leading on the preparation of monthly management accounts, variance analysis and forecasting; assisting in the development of annual budgets and planning;
- Producing draft annual finance statements, VAT returns and supporting the year end audit process;
- Being responsible for the continuous improvement of reporting, analysis and insight to enhance the quality and timeliness of financial information.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA/CIPFA) with experience gained in Audit, Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector. You will be strategically-minded with robust technical skills. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, flexible in approach but firm when necessary, who can work on their own initiative and thrives when thinking and acting proactively. You be able to communicate complex financial information to a variety of different stakeholders and possess the ability to influence and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation. Enthusiasm for the sector is a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre finance profession from an audit background looking to make an impact in the sector and will provide an excellent platform in your career.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and supporting statement to Bryony Feeney viia the link below.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
- Variance Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job