My client based in HD9 are looking for experienced Textile Inspector to join their established team on a temporary to permanent basis.
- Examines fabric to detect soil and assembly defects: Measures length or width of article to detect variation from customer or plant specifications, using tape or rule.
- Spreads article over table or rack and scans article to detect defective stitching, loose threads, colour variations between thread and fabric, and uneven seams, corners, pleats, or hems.
- Cuts excess threads with scissors.
- Marks defects
- Stacks articles that fail to meet specifications
- Records number and type of defects.
- Folds articles according to customer or plant specifications.
- May examine paired articles, comparing designs to detect irregular alignment
- Must be enthusiastic
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
- Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
- Vacancy is based in a small team, therefore candidate expected to work using own initiative
Job Type: Full-time - 40 hours per week