Are you a highly motivated Textile Designer with a proven track record of successful commercial design? This Manchester-based Textiles company is looking for a Designer to join them.
Our client is one of the UK’s largest textile importers. They believe that a harmonious team of individuals who are highly skilled in their fields of influence is the key to success, and are looking for a passionate Textile Designer to join them on this journey!
The Textile Designer will be responsible for designing on-trend prints for a variety of soft home furnishings, including bedding, ensuring that they meet client briefs. The ideal candidate will have a wide knowledge of all aspects of commercial fabric printing, as well as hand painting skills. Excellent communication skills and the ability to tight deadlines is a must, as the Designer will be working alongside the design and sales teams.
The Key Responsibilities of the Textile Designer:
- Design portfolio artwork ready for print for bedding, curtains, cushions and other soft furnishing products for in hose brands and client briefs
- To help produce trend boards and commercial designs around these trends
- Production: Checking samples for colour, quality and print and give feedback to overseas factories
- Product photography
- Liaise with the mills on the sampling process through to bulk production
- General administrative tasks, including cataloguing designs, product shot images and general upkeep/dressing of the showroom
- Some travel abroad may be required.
Required Skills and Attributes of the Textile Designer:
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Textile Designer in a commercial role
- BA(Hons) degree or higher in Textile Design or similar
- Hand painting skills required
- Be a dedicated and passionate designer with an aspirational outlook to meet the diversity of the role and client base
- Wide knowledge of all aspects of commercial fabric printing and weaving, including jacquard design, digital and rotary printing
- Previous experience of working on CAD, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. AVA CAD CAM is advantageous, but not essential
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to work closely with the design and sales teams
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- You are approachable with a keen eye for detail
- Clear understanding of the print repeat process within the production of printed textiles
If you are a textile designer with a positive outlook, please send us your CV, cover letter and 4 examples of your portfolio.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"