Test / Validation technician with a Mechanical background to support the testing and development of products.
Your new company
An opportunity to join a market leading Automotive business in the Cheshire area who are looking for a Test / Validation Technician with a Mechanical background. This role is to work alongside the Product Development and Testing team within the Engineering department, to support the testing and development of specialist products including test rig and robot assisted testing.
You will work alongside and assist a variety of departments throughout the site, including Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality.
This company offers fantastic development and progression opportunities.
Your new role
- Work within a small team of technician and engineers to plan and implement suitable product test programs with high testing efficiency and parameters.
- Participate in the design / build of test equipment / rigs including control circuitry and tooling
- Prepare equipment (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and software) for testing
- Develop test equipment, visualisation and measurement techniques to help set-up or characterise equipment
- Critically review test programmes developed by others
- Develop and document test programmes
- Participate in design reviews and FMEAs providing advice and guidance on testing and validation issues.
- Give feedback and advice on current products and future development.
- Develop reliability data (MTFB) from component and system testing
- Provide guidance in data logging and measurement techniques
- Investigate of field failures and provide the relevant test data to help understand any problems, identify root cause and verify corrective actions
- To conduct and implement risk assessments of all development work
What you'll need to succeed
It would be desirable if you have experience within Machine design, automation/robot systems, industrial controls and programming, however this isn't essential.
It would also be desirable for the candidate to have worked in a industry supplying machinery for use in a high production environment (i.e. automotive) where reliability of production equipment is high
Engineering qualification and relevant experience within a practical and hands on role.
Understanding of the principals of measurement and testing.
Familiar with instrumentation, electronic and electrical measurement techniques.
Experience with data acquisition and data logging (PC based and dedicated hardware).
You must have good communication skills and be able to produce technical reports to a high standard.
Knowledge of pneumatics, electrical components and / or hydraulics.
What you'll get in return
This business offers the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. This may include developing within the test department, or to R&D, or other areas in the business.
There is free parking on site, and there is an excellent benefits package on offer.
You will also have the opportunity to work as part of a close knit, knowledgeable team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or call Natasha at Hays Engineering in Manchester now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.