A well known Lighting business are actively recruiting for a Test and Quality Engineer, reporting to the Quality Manager. The activities for the role will include:
· Experience with automotive or electronics test methods and processes.
· Writing test standards based on OEM test requirements and methods.
· Running the Climatic chamber, salt spray, bead blast chambers, and undertake cost reduction and quality improvement investigations.
· Support with advanced Materials inspection techniques and performance testing on received goods.
· Define and carry out new-product test programs (using MS Project)
· LED colour sampling and use of colour measuring equipment.
· Determine relevant tests in order to evaluate design changes.
· Verify whether Design changes require re-testing
· Liaising with external test houses for compliance testing, durability testing etc.
· Conformity of Production Testing
· Testing lamps every Friday afternoon, writing up reports, checking against regulation on a Monday
· Undertake supplier visits to improve component quality and reduce scrap in the system.
· To be involved ISO 9001- 2015 audits
· Evaluate non-conformances relating to the product, process and Quality System and recommend solutions, corrective action and future preventative action
· Liaise with operations personnel on Quality Control Procedures to ensure full adherence to those procedures.
Qualifications and Skill set requirements:
Minimum : BTEC Level 3 in Engineering, BEng, or other equivalent qualifications.
Previous test experience in automotive or engineering sector. Good communication and IT skills are essential. Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001 / TS 16949), and proficient use of Microsoft Excel including graphs and trending data.