Test Support Engineer – Electronic Engineering
Our client is a long-established electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider that employs more than 370 people with a turnover exceeding £35million. They take great pride in providing a range of high complexity industrial electronics products and outsourced manufacturing solutions for worldwide clients in a range of industries.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Test Support Engineer to provide electronic first line support for all relevant test equipment. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Test and Quality departments to improve test yields via trend analysis and continuous improvement activities.
You will join a dynamic, fast paced Lutterworth-based electronics manufacturing company in a challenging industry where the workload varies every day. Your expertise will play a key role in an amazing team with a unique set of skills and a commitment and passion for process and control.
Your duties as a Test Support Engineer will include:
- Ensuring the effective evaluation and implementation of customer supplied test equipment and procedures via the NPI (new product) process.
- Supporting customers in maintaining and updating their test equipment and software.
- Working as part of the Test team to investigate and diagnose faults on failed or returned products, ensuring that customer expectations are successfully met.
- Assist in test yield continuous improvement activities.
- Supporting other areas of the business on electrical and electronics technical issues. This may include liaison with customers and/or suppliers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- A relevant technical electronics qualification, minimum of HNC in an Electronic Engineering discipline.
- Significant proven experience of working in a demanding manufacturing environment.
- Experience of diagnosing faults to component level and maintaining test equipment. Experience in digital and analogue circuits.
- Excellent internal and external customer service and communication skills.
- Very proactive and self-motivated, and a good team player.
- Quoting and designing of In-Circuit Test and basic functional test equipment would be desirable.
- Experience of design for test together with digital and analogue circuits.
- Have a rigorous approach to work with excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable showing a patient and helpful ‘can do’ demeanour.
- To be numerate, literate and fully conversant to a high level with Excel
Salary and reward package:
- Salary in the region of £30k-£32k depending on skills and experience.
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 days with service plus holiday purchase scheme.
- Company contributed pension.
- Flexible working hours.
- Pleasant and friendly working environment.
- Training and continuous development.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Free parking on site.