- Ref: TSTLE1
- Location: Leicester
- Salary: Up to £52,600 (dependent on experience & assessment performance)
- Contract: Full time (40 hours)
- Contract Length: 23 month fixed term contracts & permanent contracts (dependent on eligibility)
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC), with emphasis on innovation, is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. Did we mention that we’re dedicated to innovation? The CIC is a fast-paced and dynamic business, created to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. Buzzing with invention, originality and a pioneering spirit, it feels like an entrepreneurial start-up, but with the support of the world's largest IT and consulting services company.
We offer a unique experience for those with exceptional talent, extraordinary ambitions and forward thinking ideas. The CIC is place for people with real enthusiasm and a passion for IT, a place for those who want a challenge, ask questions, and explore what’s possible.
We could write here about how we want flexible, hard-working and driven individuals to join our rapidly expanding team, and we do, but we’re also looking for more than that. We want people who will go the extra mile, grab the bull by the horns and shout "I can do this!" We’re looking for people that are hungry to grow, who think outside the box and that thrive in a friendly and energetic working environment.
What do we look for in a person?
- Resilience to change - Because it can and will happen
- Passionate - To make a difference
- Inquisitive - Go on, ask a question!
- Team Player - Teamwork makes the dream work
- Fun - As it’s a vital part of our innovative culture!
This is not a list of generic personal attributes, this is a list of what we are looking for in an employee, a list of qualities that we live and breathe in the CIC. If this sounds like you, then we want you in our team!
As one of the world’s largest, and most innovative, companies we deliver top-notch services using cutting-edge technology, so your skills count!
We’re looking for Test Specialists that can demonstrate a proven track record in requirement analysis, testing concepts and methods, including integration, system, user acceptance and regression testing. Ideal candidates will have experience of testing a range of solutions including front and back office enterprise, mobile apps and web based applications and have an awareness of system environments and browsers. Projects will vary in nature between: development, maintenance and support; and involve working on implementations, upgrades, releases and patches of software packages, as well as bespoke applications.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
- Automation testing skills required including selenium (Cucumber/Atlassian desired)
- Define and execute test scripts working within databases with migrated data and interface APIs
- Assist in analysis of client specifications and definition of test strategy, test plans and test cases
- Experience using tools such as Jira
- Demonstrate ability to use SQL script
- Experience of testing tooling in support of test activities such as Rational and HP tool set
- Carry out functional, scale, performance and stress tests
- Manage and maintain test results, defects and resolutions
- Support development and implementation across the software pipeline (SDLC)
- Have experience of Agile testing techniques
- Ideally candidates will have skills in BPM & WebSphere
We’re looking for people with a degree in Computer Science or in another technical discipline. We typically ask for a 2:1 or above, however, if you don’t have a 2:1 degree and have technical experience and a background in testing, then we will still consider your application.
Perks don’t hurt
As well as a competitive salary and a career in a world- leading IT organisation, we also offer a number of additional benefits! As an employee at the IBM CIC UK, you will receive access to our Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, as well as discounts at leading high street and online retailers. Our offices are modern with agile work spaces, with the addition of flexible break out areas - some of our sites also have table tennis and arcade games!
As the CIC is very much an employee focussed environment we are proud of our employee training programmes. As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. If you are as passionate about IT as we are, this will hopefully excite you as much as it excites us!
As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to travel to client’s sites and other IBM and CIC centres across the UK, sometimes even further! Travel flexibility is important to us as our clients often like to work with you face to face. You will be expected to travel throughout your employment so we are looking for explorers, those people who are willing to go the extra mile for our clients (quite literally!). If you are not willing to travel to projects then we won’t be able to consider your application.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds. However, in order to be eligible for this role, all applicants must be British Nationals with a minimum of 5 years UK residency, ideally 10 years. If you do not fit the criteria for this role, please review our other opportunities on our website. Unfortunately, we do not offer visa sponsorship and have no future plans to do so.