Test Partner - 3 Month Initial Contract - Nottingham
My client is looking for a Test Partner for an initial 3 month contract based in Nottingham. The role will be full time on site and may require some out of hours working, the client can offer a competitive daily rate.
The test partner MUST be above managing projects/programmes and now setting high level testing strategies, making tooling choices and rolling out initiatives.
Test Partners are strategic leaders for the BIT Test Job Family; owning and leading transformation and transition activities (including DevOps, TDD, Agile, and micro-service delivery). Acting as a Subject Matter Expert for the technical delivery aspect of projects in relation to all Testing & Assurance needs, this includes providing advice on test strategy, coverage, methodology, resource, test tools, automation, environment and test data to help projects mitigate risk and make common sense decisions to enable higher quality change delivery.
- Work with the Head of Testing to help define/refine test policies and best practice.
- Act as a Test Capability Owner for test governance for the Test & Assurance Group
- Utilise their extensive knowledge of the Technology Footprint to provide insightful consideration for how change projects successfully deliver appropriate levels of Quality measured through Testing and Assurance.
- Ensure a "product based test suite" (manual testing) is developed and maintained utilising strategic tools (ALM/TFS)
- Advise the Automated Testing Group of forecast automation requirements for in flight/emerging projects and help to prioritise the backlog.
- Set skill standards for recruitment of temporary resources (contract/partner) for Testing & Assurance
- Provide support to the project management group in relation to skills for Testing & Assurance
- Work closely with other Retail Solutions job families to operate a forum for consistency and standards.
Interested candidates should send their CVs in the first instance and contact
- Test Analyst and Test Leader