My client, a very successful and growing energy provider from renewable sources is looking for a Test Manager. This is a terrifically exciting role where you will have the opportunity to come in and establish a test function and grow a team. You are likely to be an energetic individual who not only has strong skills in both management and testing, but also 1st rate communication skills with the the ability to win the respect and cooperation of other business managers within this organisation.
Key responsibilities will be:
1.With the Head of Delivery define, plan and communicate my client’s strategy for testing and releases
- Leading the test team and business users in planning, monitoring, control and undertaking of testing activities and tasks.
- Work closely with experts across the IT & Change Teams to ensure that test strategies and requirements are identified, documented and planned to meet key milestones and deadlines
- Provide best practice in coaching and training on test approaches, methods and activities to • Project Managers • Business Analysts • Subject Matter Experts • IT Developers • IT Support Team
- Liaise with and sign off test plans and outcomes with third party software suppliers
To be successful you should have the following skills/experience:
1. Relevant Skills and Educational Qualifications:
a. Skilled in communication at all levels.
b. Relevant Qualification (ISTQB / ISEB)
2. Relevant Knowledge:
a. Knowledge of the using HPQC ALM, JIRA,TFS, Selenium.
b. Understands the Utilities / Energy Sector Experience and Advantage.
3. Relevant Experience:
a. Preferable familiarity with working under pressure with resilience, having an obsessive attention to detail.
b. Demonstrable experience of leading a successful IT Test function and leading testing strategy on large IT projects.
- Test Automation
- Test Management
- Test Procedures
- Test Strategy
- ISTQB Certified