Test Manager - Active Directory
The Test Manager will report into the Global Head of Test & Quality in the Test & Quality team and the Projects Manager for the Active Directory and Network Modifications projects.
This role requires extensive knowledge of Active Directory and associated network infrastructure and required testing, including non-functional aspects. It also requires excellent soft skills for collaborating with suppliers and supporting users with testing.
The role is expected to be full-time, on-site and based in Warwick, but may include travel to other sites in the UK as required.
Active Directory- This is a Global project
The Active Directory upgrade will deliver a modern identity and logon service which will enable people to seamlessly and securely connect to the IT services they need.
The Active Directory program has contracted Microsoft Professional Services to examine the current implementation of AD, provide their recommendations for the upgrade, produce both a High-level & Low-level design.
The program has recently received and approved the High-level design and is currently in the process of contracting for the Low-level design.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for the planning, management and co-ordination of all testing activities within complex IT projects and evaluating risk potential during all stages of development.
- Work closely with the Business and Technical design leads to establish appropriate test scenarios to achieve the Design target quality objectives.
- Define and own the Test Strategy ensuring it meets the principles and best practice set out in the Test Framework. Collaborate with end users and project teams, including suppliers to define it. Help to set priorities that balance 'desirable' against 'practical' testing strategies. Ensure the most effective and efficient testing is carried out, including the use of specialised testing tools and techniques.
- Ensure use of appropriate tooling for requirement, test defect capture and management. National Grid's recommended tool is Microsoft's Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Take responsibility for setting up the project in VSTS.
- Ensure testing scope is defined and reviewed (functional and non-functional). Any supplier created scripts must be reviewed and quality metrics captured.
- Manage and plan individual test phases and produce or assure phase test plans and exit reports depending on where the responsibility for the test phase lies (National Grid/ Supplier).
- Review and assure output from suppliers. Ensure suppliers are aware of, and follow, the Our Client best practice test processes
- All requirements and design artefacts must be statically tested, issues raised must be captured and reported on.
- Define, agree and execute Test witnessing, if required.
- Liaise with Programme / Project managers to manage expectations for the testing stages of projects. Agree quality criteria and corrective action
- Ensure that traceability exists between requirements, tests and results for each run and defects and that a suitable process is in place to handle the effect on testing of changes in requirements.
- Report quality metrics each week to project and TCoE as defined in the Our Client Test Framework.
- Assess team size and capability. Identify any gaps and should further resource be required, ensure that it is justified and update the Senior Project Manager on any cost impacts/changes.
- Deliver project documentation at appropriate stage gates in line with the Nationalgrid governance model (the Solution Delivery Framework).
- Define defect management and reporting procedures appropriate to the project. Manage the defect triage process.
- Define and deliver appropriate test reporting requirements.
- Deliver Test progress plus Risk and Issues weekly reports to the project manager and test capability lead.
- Create a UAT Test Plan and schedule with the relevant business owners. Plan UAT testing in, manage the pre-requisites, and assist in creation and risk-based prioritisation of business scenarios and support business users with execution of UAT Testing.
- Obtain formal sign-off approvals for UAT completion and store these in the project's SharePoint site as part of the project closure requirements.
- Oversee and plan Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) which may be executed by suppliers. Ensure appropriate tests are performed, such as backup and recovery, security, high availability, resilience, site failover, disaster recovery and performance. Review deployment plans
- Facilitate test planning workshops with all relevant stakeholders
- Statically review or input into training materials.
- Manage resolution of any escalations relating to tests and test quality and escalate any issue that cannot be resolved with the Test Manager's remit.
- Highlight and drive risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions forward from identification through to resolution
- Attend appropriate Project boards and team meetings
- Maintain good knowledge of, advise on and justify testing processes
- Represent the project in a professional manner always.
- At least 4 years Test Management in multiple roles within an outsourced supplier environment, including functional and non-functional testing in a Waterfall environment.
- Substantial experience of working with Active Directory projects including related infrastructure at a functional and non-functional level. Broad Microsoft infrastructure background, understanding of Group Policy Objects, Windows testing experience, XP, Windows 7
- Experience of large corporate international environments
- Experience of managing large numbers of business users in multiple locations and time zones.
Nice To Have
- ISEB/ ISQTB
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services, or equivalent ALM toolset.
- Test Manager / Test Lead
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'