A great opportunity for a Test Lead to work for a global publisher, based in London.
The Test Lead’s role will be primarily leading the testing of the programme with the expectation to use a wide range of skills across all levels of the programme. You will be managing testing requirements and deliverables for the scope of testing.
Role and Responsibilities of the Test Lead:
• Reporting into the Programme Manager, responsible for planning, executing and tracking testing activities required by the programme and leading the functional and non-functional testing, utilizing both manual and potentially automated techniques
• Manage the existing Test strategy and approach for all testing activities, ensuring appropriate use of best practice in a pragmatic manner.
• Ensure that strategy is reflected in all project planning and delivery. Fully supporting all Programme Managers in ensuring delivery of the testing strategy.
• Responsible for the capture, record and prioritization of defects and liaising with the relevant work streams to ensure that additional requirements and training needs are successfully delivered.
• Continually evolving the testing process to complement the different programme phases.
• Communicate testing progress and results/findings clearly and succinctly to all levels of the programme.
• Proactive management of risks, issues and programme dependencies.
• Provide support to the programme managers through the timely creation of weekly status reports at both project and programme level.
• A proactive, self-starter who is able to work under own initiative and have the ability to work unsupervised to meet demanding deadlines and task focused, frequently under pressure. Flexible and adaptable with an ability to respond to changing demands/priorities with little or no notice.
• Strong interpersonal skills and team working with excellent written/verbal communication abilities.
• The ability to influence/co-ordinate to maximize the efficiency of the team.
• Ability to prioritise own workload, assess the relative importance/urgency of tasks and activities and ensure effective follow up by others.
• Manage a small team of Test Managers/Analysts including 3rd party suppliers.
Skills & Experiences of the Test Lead:
• Experience and ability to lead a team of functional non-functional testers that utilize both manual and automated techniques.
• Familiarity with testing chains of integrated systems that combine together to provide a complete solution.
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automation and performance testing.
• Experience in liaising with technical teams and 3rd party suppliers, both on site and remotely.
• Comfortable with working in a high pressured environment where scope and priorities are regularly reviewed and changed.
• Min 5 years recent experience of testing and leading a high performing team.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent team worker - making others aware of information that may be useful to them and effectively interacting with people across all levels of the programme.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Confident self-starter.
• Willing to travel within the UK at least once a week as required.
• Non-publishing industry experience in a similar role.
Personal Characteristics of the Test Lead:
• Business and Customer focused.
• Great relationship-builder, presenter, documented and communicator.
• Completer-finisher delivers on promises.
• Highly (self-)motivated and proactive.
• Great team player.
• Priorities/manages workload well.
• Analytical (people, process).
If you think you are the right Test Lead for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.