As a Test Lead you will ensure that projects test their outputs to a Whitbread quality standard prior to production release. The Test Lead role will cover a specific business area, own the testing pipeline and manage the delivery of a testing supplier.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
Within the role you will:
- Be the primary point of contact by working with System Integrators, Testing supplier or Project team across a range of projects and carry out assurance activities on test deliverables being produced.
- Develop and manage defined communication channels, proactively seeking to identify potential demand, and assisting in the gathering and qualification of requirements.
- Work within the Whitbread Project Delivery Lifecycle ensuring key test activities are met to allow project to proceed to next phase.
- Receive the details of the project from internal project teams, and then co-ordinate with the testing supplier to assess the scope of testing required.
- Ensure the testing plans match the strategy and all testing collateral including reporting are version controlled and accessible for project stakeholders.
- Understand the test coverage required, phases of testing and highlight any deficiencies and then engage the supplier to execute the testing
- Identify risks & provide mitigation plans and escalate issues in a timely manner to management and project stakeholders.
- Govern the process and ensure the supplier delivers to Whitbread quality standards
- Maintain regular contact with customers, project teams and other stakeholders
- Lead implementation of correct testing practices from project initiation to service transition
What we are looking for
- Experience of end to end testing - scheduling and planning
- Experience with various testing tools and a good understanding of the application requirements.
- Experience working with different SDLC processes like Waterfall and Agile
- Hands-on test lead experience – both deployment and enhancement
- Experience leading functional, integration, regression, user acceptance, operational acceptance, performance and security testing
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels and in a wide variety of situations