Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Capita Employee Benefits is one of the largest employee benefits consultancies in the UK. A leading provider of pensions administration, employee benefits consultancy and cutting-edge technology, we're a multi award-winning organisation servicing over 1,600 clients and more than 4 million company employees and pension scheme members. We're looking for an experienced Test Lead to join us and help transform our testing function.
About the role
As a Test Lead, you will have experience of improving process's and leading performance to transform a test function. You will have proven lead experience including offshore, it is essential that you have previous experience of working in the Pensions or Financial Services industry.
You will lead the delivery of system testing and user acceptance testing of a range of projects across the Business Solutions Team;
- Work with the Test Manager to manage a team of testers (including offshore teams) including the creation / maintenance of development plans, setting objectives and measuring performance against these via 1:1's and performance appraisals
- Lead the delivery of testing (planning, preparation and execution) of systems and processes in accordance with the solution and / or technical, functional, non-functional or business requirements) of any project assigned, to achieve successful deliveries of project / test items.
- Provide guidance and support to the end-user's test management for the planning and execution of user acceptance tests
- Be accountable for several agreed projects that require test activities to be undertaken, ensuring that all Test responsibilities and schedules are clearly documented, communicated and agreed by all parties.
- Ensure that demand and capacity views remain up to date and accurate for allocated projects, and availability and conflicts are identified early with mitigating actions agreed and put in place. or issues escalated to the Test Manager.
- Working with direct reports to identify and recommend suitable process improvements to the Test Manager and help embed them in the team once agreed
- Help to manage the use of relevant testing software across the teams, including test tools and test and defect management software. Ensure they are used consistently and in the best way for efficient testing, and to be cost effective to realise identified benefits. Identify potential opportunities for test automation with appropriate tooling and embed as appropriate.
- Produce, issue and maintain test management control documentation required for the effective planning, preparation, execution and sign-off of testing
- Adhere to approved test management work instructions and control documentation and assist the Test Manager to review/audit and monitor the adherence of other testers to the same
- Liaise with all directors, managers, staff, clients and third parties affected by or involved in the project and escalate risks and issues to the Test and/or Project Manager where they cannot be appropriately resolved
- Responsible for the timely provision of consistent MI/reporting relating to all test activities (progress against the agreed plan, variances between planned and actual effort/duration, defect summary and highlighting any risks or issues affecting the progress or completion of the testing requirement for the project) for dissemination to internal and external stakeholders, to ensure full visibility of test activities is achieved at all times
- Make recommendations to the Test Manager for Testing sign-offs and recommendations to Go / No-Go meetings
- Act as an authorisation point (with the Test Manager) for Job Requests and promotes of build activity into test environments
- Proven Test Lead experience (Ideally in Financial services)
- Ability to schedule work for Test Analysts on allocated projects
- Experience of improving and implementing test process and proposition
- Proven ability to manage offshore teams
- Has previously worked in an Agile environment
- The ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively
- Understand the role of smoke tests and give an example of their practical application
- Lifecycle in an efficient manner within your area
- ALM Quality centre
- ISTQB Certified
About Capita | Employee Benefits
Capita Employee Benefits is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide award-winning pensions and employee benefits solutions. As one of the leading consultancies in the UK, our specialist knowledge and expertise ensures we create innovative solutions which can make a real difference to our clients and their employees.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.