Test Engineers Required - Client Based on Outskirts of Swindon
£25,000 - £30,000 for graduates with 1 year experience, £30,000 - £40,000 for more experienced candidates, up to £45,000 for senior level candidates
The ideal candidate will be able to provide engineering solutions/guidance to our client's production, design and development operations.
- Electronic Engineering, ideally to Degree level or equivalent
- Automatic test equipment and programming, preferably in testing of analogue and digital integrated circuits, with a wide knowledge of different ASIC types / families and volume production implementations
- Develop and monitor appropriate Test solutions in conjunction with the Product Support Group and / or Designers to ensure product quality while maximising throughput and yields
TEST ENGINEER ROLE SPECIFIC
- Provide technical leadership, training and general advice for Engineers within the department.
- Be capable of referencing ASIC design documentation to create test specifications and schedules to ensure product quality.
- Propose new and innovative test methods to reduce Cost of Test and carry out feasibility studies required for introduction and qualification of measurements, test tooling, equipment & programming.
- Write and debug test programs in multiple coding formats for product measurement and test equipment utilised in high volume production, taking into account ATE specifications / limitations while maximising multi-site testing possibilities.
- In conjunction with Project managers, drive and co-ordinate the completion of the test development stage to full implementation of volume production.
- Design, layout, manufacture and populate circuit boards and related mechanical / electrical hardware.
- Identify appropriate ATE for all aspects ASIC testing from initial debugging to fully capable high volume multi-temperature requirements at both wafer and package level.
- Provide documentation for project files in accordance with the Quality and HSE procedures & instructions in place.
- In conjunction with ASIC Design Engineers provide evaluation / characterisation analysis.
- Advise and support Test Maintenance Engineering when required.
- Evaluate and report on customer returns in conjunction with Quality department and Failure analysis staff.
- If required, be available for operation of Production Testing Equipment and manual testing of product / customer samples etc.
- Be available for the interview process and selection of new team members
TEST ENGINEER ROLE GENERIC
- Play a major technical role in the overall company/team/departmental strategy.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations and developments.
- Ensure compliance at all times with company and statutory requirements.
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of the team and work effectively as a team member to ensure continuous improvement.
- Meet performance measures and Key Performance Indicators set for you and your team.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with members of your team and other parts of the business.
- Participate in training opportunities.
TEST ENGINEER GENERAL
- Demonstrate and promote values in behaviours and actions.
- Produce and promote the highest standard of work possible in accordance with the company’s TS16949, OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, IIP, Sarbanes Oxley, Lean / 6s standards and any other standards that the company adheres to.
- Work as a member of a team helping to implement, carry out and drive compliance of all company working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Comply with all Sarbox controls throughout the organisation and understand and meet the key controls that are directly related to your day to day functions
- Develop, review, update, manage and ensure compliance with Sarbox documentation.
- Address and report all remediation action and co-operate with all Sarbox auditing activities.
- Carry out any other function necessary for the smooth running of the Department.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 21 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Manual Testing
- Product Quality
- Test Development
- Test Equipment
- Electronic Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job