Test Engineer £32-40k
The Test Engineer Role
The successful candidate will conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the application created by the Software Engineering Team is fit for purpose. You will be part of the Quality and Regulatory Affairs Team and report into that team; however much of your work will involve working closely with the Product Manager and Developers.
Test Engineer Responsibilities
- Work with the Product Manager and Developers to develop a strong understanding of the product and quality objectives
- Develop and maintain system and user acceptance tests and scripts based on product requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Executing System and user acceptance tests and producing test logs and issue reports
- Management of test coverage to ensure all requirements are adequately tested
- Procure, create and manage test data required
- Develop automated and manual test procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement of software quality
- Contribute to product development and planning to ensure excellent quality
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of new issues in order to generate root cause identification and resolution
Test Engineer Skills and requirements: Essential
- 3-6 years’ experience in Automation testing of Web-based applications
- Experience of developing test framework using Python, Selenium and Mocking utilities
- Experience using GIT
- Excellent documentation skills - test cases, defect reports, test execution reports
- Well organized and good attention to detail
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly
Test Engineer Skills and requirements: Desirable
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, testing user stories, and participating in SCRUM, sprint planning, and backlog review activities
- Experience in testing Django applications
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 19 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Test Cases
- Test Data
- Test Engineering