Commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Leeds.
Validation Engineer, Test Engineer, Test Development, R&D, Embedded Systems, Electronics, Embedded Software, Firmware, EMC.
This leading environmental and safety technology group which designs and manufactures specialist Control equipment are seeking an experienced Validation Engineer / Test Engineer with experience of System Testing and Software Testing to drive new R&D Product Development forward.
The scope of the role involves Validation testing of the Company's range of existing products and new product developments to ensure conformance with specifications, regulations and standards. Development of validation test equipment and test procedures.
Key Responsibilities of the Validation Engineer / Test Engineer include :
* Formulation of system test plans
* Performing testing and reporting results
* The development / refinement of test fixtures and systems
* Testing of products to the relevant EMC standards.
The experience / knowledge / skills required of the Validation Engineer / Test Engineer include :
* Minimum of HNC in Electronic Engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience
* Formulation of test plans based on the interpretation of technical specifications, formal standards and liaison with design teams
* Hands-on experience of carrying out performance tests on electrical systems, embedded software controlled systems, MS Windows applications
* Construction of test reports / formal technical reports
* Experience of hardware and software design
* Experience of designing and /or using automated test equipment
* Knowledge of test formulation principles / automated test approaches
* Electrical safety and basic electrical wiring practices
* Formal Fire Industry Standards / Requirements
* Formal EMC standard requirements
* Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
* A methodical approach to tasks, with strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
* A creative approach to problem solving combined with an understanding of the constraints and needs of the business
* Strong MS office familiarity (Word / Excel)
* A self starter able to work independently and as part of a team
* The ability to remain focused under pressure
* An Inquisitive, explorative nature - someone who enjoys breaking things.
Excellent opportunities in an expanding, stable, well established and highly innovative Group. The company can offer varied and interesting project work in a forward thinking multi-disciplined team.
- Embedded Software
- Embedded Systems
- Test Development
- Test Engineer
- Validation Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job