Test Engineer - Electronics Background
£30k - £40k
We are looking for experienced Test Engineers with Electronics background to join our well-established client based in Rochester. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments. In this role you will work closely with developers, project managers and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
You may have experience in testing white goods, electronic products, mobile phones or maybe even washing machines!
We would be particularly interested in candidates that have a real desire to learn and get involved in Automation testing.
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle processes
- Degree / HND / HNC Electronic Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Relevant electronics testing experience
- Familiar with lab/bench equipment (i.e. oscilloscopes, meters and signal generators)
- Procedural and Report writing skills with very experienced use of Microsoft office suite
- Experience of creating and maintaining test environment
- Experience in the use of industry leading Functional & Performance Test tools and/or the use of custom tooling developed using Java, Python, Shell scripting, etc.
Nice to have
- Programming experience: e.g. NI Lab VIEW, NI CVI, C, Visual basic
- Experience with NI test solutions