Test Engineer - Electronic or Electrical
c£27k - £30k+ - DOE Great Prospects
For other roles across Engineering, production and Electrical/Electronic related see our site at www.reactiverecruit.co.uk or follow us on Twitter www.twitter.co m/Reactiverec1 and come connect with us on LinkedIn www.linkedin. com/company/reactive-recruit
Our clients site functions as a compliance testing laboratory, involved predominantly in the regulatory requirements of CE marking. One of their core activities is electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing where manufacturers and enforcement agencies send products for conformity assessment. Most of the devices submitted for testing will be electrical, electronic or mechanical in nature. Reports issued from this business form the basis of mandatory legal documentation.
We are excited to assist them in their search for an outstanding Senior Test Engineer with an Electronic background and EMC experience to component level, to support a highly respected & technically proficient team.
The job will involve oversight of EMC testing of products. This entails subjecting the products to a suite of electronic tests as defined by European Standards and Directives. Other forms of testing, such as electrical safety inspection, radio type approval, flammability and mechanical strength are also included in the scope of the job.
In order to test a product, it is necessary to create a test setup that allows the product to operate as intended. A typical setup involves providing correctly specified power sources, external signals, communications and monitoring facilities. Failure criteria for the testing have to be established and monitored during the tests.
Where products fail to meet the necessary criteria, additional diagnostic work may have to be carried out. A senior test engineer would be expected to be capable of assessing criteria and performing diagnostic analysis.
In addition to actual testing, the job requires documentation of all tests and procedures, analysis of results and writing of reports. The senior test engineer will also be responsible for maintenance of quality procedures documentation and computer files, updating information as necessary.
Frankly no two days are alike as this is a vast and varied role leading the test team. The main function of the role is to ensure that all testing procedures / systems in place are up to current standard, producing reports based on testing, liasing with clients, data base management, research and much more!
A working knowledge of electronics and electrical engineering is ideal. Anyone who has worked in a QA capacity should also consider applying.
- Excellent writing and oral skills using the English language.
- General computer literacy with the ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and other similar commercial programs.
- Communications skills, especially the ability to interface with customers. This includes explaining procedures to customers and discussing test results.
- A working knowledge of electronics is essential. Most of the items to be tested will possess some electronic content.
- Experience in radio frequency measurement and spectral analysis is preferred. The radio frequency spectrum analyser is a fundamental tool in EMC measurements.
- Ability to follow test procedures thoroughly and diligently.
- A knowledge of Standards and quality systems is preferred.
- This role would suit anyone who has worked in a wide ranging Engineering / Engineering role or other similar technical operation where reporting accurately was a central function. Likewise a background technical assistance would also be welcome.
They are also looking for a candidate with a great deal of enthusiasm!
This really is a special company that believes in looking after their staff, giving you as much autonomy as required & excellent job stability.
We look forward to your application
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Safety
- Test Procedures