Position: Test / Design Engineer
Salary: circa £30,000.00
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Test / Design / SolidWorks / 2D / 3D / CAD / Pneumatics / Hydraulics / Mechanical / Electrical
Due to continued expansion our client is looking for a Test Engineer. This role is key in ensuring the company is able to meet its business objectives. As part of a small test team you will be responsible for the design, commissioning and documentation of developmental and production testing facilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
SolidWorks design of testing and production equipment such as, but not exclusive to:
- Pressure drop test rigs
- Heat transfer test rigs
- Component post-processing jigs and fixtures
- Leak testing jigs and fixtures
- SolidWorks design of test components
- Electrical design of testing and production data acquisition systems
- Relevant 2D diagram development for electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Commissioning of testing and production equipment
- Documentation of new production processes
To be considered for the role you should have the following:
- Experience in machine design.
- A good understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- An understanding of pressure, temperature and flow measurement systems.
- An engineering degree or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Experience in 3D and 2D CAD design.
- Experience sourcing components from sub-contractors.
- You will possess a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to apply your enthusiasm to all activities
- Calm under pressure.
- You should be an enthusiastic, determined and motivated individual with the desire to progress within this role.
- Flexible, hard-working and be a self-starter.
- You will be looking to make an impact on a growing team working within a fast-growing technology.
- A full UK driving license.