Pearson VUE is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the worlds most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career.
We are now hiring for a Test Centre Administrator to join our team based in Exeter.
Please note this is a part-time position offering a minimum of 9 hours per week, with an expectation to work more hours if the business requires. This position is a permanent role but will not become a full-time position.
- Minimum of 9 hours per week
- The office is open Monday 7:30am - 4:15pm, Tuesday 10:30am - 7:15pm, Thursday 7:30am - 4:15pm (First Thursday in the month), Saturday 7:30am - 12:15pm (alternate weeks). Additional days as required
- You will be required to work a variety of days and specific shifts cannot be specified. We will endeavour to let you know your work pattern 2 to 4 weeks in advance.
- A flexible approach to working is essential for this position as opening hours can vary according to business need
- Hourly Rate - £9.19
The appointed individual will be responsible for the efficient delivery of tests to candidates. This is achieved by following procedures and guidelines provided by the company to administrate and invigilate exams, whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Ensure candidates’ needs are met with understanding and respect.
- Ensure equipment is operational and test stations are in working order to deliver testing.
- Process candidates’ sign-in (including verification of candidate identity) according to Pearson VUE and client procedures.
- Explain the test process to candidates and deal with other queries as required.
- Ensure the integrity and security of tests are maintained and that they are supervised/invigilated to the required standard.
- Print and provide post-test score reports to candidates as required.
- Periodic download and review of examinations and test centre schedules.
- Review test schedule and ensure the preparation for candidates (including those with special needs) is made.
- Understand the testing needs and procedures for every Pearson VUE client and have the capability to adjust approach accordingly.
- Ensure all compliance standards relating to the test centre operation and Pearson VUE stringent security protocols are adhered to.
- Perform daily test centre opening and closing procedures.
- Comply with business needs on a day to day basis and undertake reasonable additional duties to ensure the smooth running of the test centre.
- Liaise with Pearson VUE technical support staff to investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Undertake all accreditations and skills checks as required by the business.
- Help to ensure a clean, professional, quiet testing atmosphere in the centre.
- Support and deliver any events and alternative test delivery processes as defined, both in permanent and temporary locations.
- You will be based in one of the Pearson VUE test centres but some local travel to other PPC’s or temporary locations may be required.
- Good face-to-face communication skills with experience in a customer facing role
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must enjoy working with people, be comfortable in a quiet environment and have effective time management skills
- PC literate, comfort with the use of a full range of Microsoft Office and Windows applications
- Ability to deal with conflict and work under pressure
- Experience in a testing/invigilating environment is desirable but not essential
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'