Job Description For Vacancy No: 238538T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Position: Test Cell Automation Engineer (Engines)
Job Status: Permanent
Job Description: An exciting opportunity has now arisen for an Automation Engineer to join our Engine Development team and have a direct impact on the future success of our engine product families. As an Engine Test Cell Automation Engineer you will be involved throughout the development process of Test Cell Automation with responsibility in the creation, development, validation and deployment of the processes.
You will be involved in the creation of business requirements inputting test scenarios to ensure developers understand the business requirements so that they can be effectively tested. Reporting to the Engine Development Manager, you will be working closely with developers in the Global Automation Team as they develop the code to ensure requirements are being met and to the correct quality.
You will represent our clients in global forums and be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing processes and tools into our Global Automation processes that support and enhance the quality and velocity of our tests. You will be familiarity with Agile software development methodology and have experience in project planning and management.
- Previous Performance or Product Development Engineering experience is essential, ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
- Will possess good team working, project management, organisational skills.
- Will possess good communication and statistical analytical skills, with ability to provide concise insights, conclusions and recommendations drawn from complex technical data.
- Applicants will ideally hold an Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
- Previous experience using MATLAB and SIMULINK Systems is desirable.
- Deep understanding of engine test cycles.
- Understanding of engine test cell equipment and facility capability.
- Six Sigma Black Belt experience.
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse work group.
- Project manage teams to deliver Global Alignment projects working on Test Automation.
- Be meticulous about documentation and create and own the process flow charts and ETQ Quality documentation.
- Provide automation expertise to our development teams.
- Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation.
- Mentor team members on automation.
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
- Troubleshoot Test cycles with the Automation team to ensure Engine Test cycles are running correctly (NRTC, RMC and other Test Procedures).
- Ability to drive & gain consensus.
- Understand system interactions & design efficient automation systems.
- Help with change management, deployment and training of new automation tools.
- Global gatekeeper of Autorun test procedures, such as NRTC, RMC, emissions, etc.
- Prioritize requested work to input into the Global Automation team.
Salary: £37,000 - £50,000 (D.O.E)
Fringe Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 12% bonus, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
- As an Engine Test Cell Automation Engineer you will be involved throughout the development process of Test Cell Automation with responsibility in the
- validation and deployment of the processes.