ROQ is a growing and successful software testing consultancy based in the North West and we are now recruiting an Automation Test Architect to join us at this important time of company development.
We have big plans and with innovation and client solutions at the heart of our success, the Test Automation Architect at ROQ will play an instrumental role in helping to define these solutions.
Purpose of the role
Our Test Automation Architects take overall responsibility for the design and development of highly scalable, business value driven automated testing solutions. As Test Automation Architect you will be able to understand and create clear strategies to communicate how automation will benefit clients by identifying and prioritising opportunities to improve the speed and reliability of delivery lifecycles.
You will be experienced at operating in traditional and Agile delivery environments and be advocates for the implementation of "automationfirst" approaches to support continuous integration/delivery.
- Competitive salary and benefits package to suit today's work/life balance
- Opportunity to grow your career in an innovative environment
- The chance to create and develop your own solutions and have a 'avoice'
- The chance to work with some of the world's leading organisations
- Create clear strategies for the implementation of automated test solutions to meet client needs
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of test automation frameworks to facilitate delivery of automated test solutions
- Manage the delivery of the technical solutions, working to agreed timeframes and raising risks throughout the project as required
- Understand and define the primary dependencies required for successful test automation
- Assigning work, monitoring progress and providing feedback to members of the team
- Be a ROQ advocate in the testing community championing automated testing
Skills and Experience
- A solid track record within test automation, including code generation, designing and implementing a test automation framework to support scalability and maintenance
- A wide appreciation of the test automation tools market (as well as supporting tools) and their appropriate usage
- Excellent object-oriented programming skills (Java or C#)
- Experience of working with and creating test automation frameworks (Unit testing/BDD/TDD)
- Experience using test management tools for planning, execution and reporting (e.g. JIRA, TestRail)