Job Title: Test Assurance Manager
Location - London (Travelling to other Client Sites including London would be required)
Competitive Salary & Benefits
About Capita | DCC Smart Metering
Smart DCC Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capita plc. We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Smart DCC (a licensed entity owned by Capita Plc) is the programme and service integrator working on behalf of the energy industry to establish and operate the data and communications infrastructure that will enable all UK homes to have a smart meter by 2020.
The Smart Data and Communications Company Ltd (Smart DCC) is delivering a once-in-a-generation programme to build a smart metering network for Great Britain.
The Testing Services team is responsible for managing customers testing activities as they integrate their devices and systems with the central DCC systems in support of their rollout plans following government 2020 direction.
What you will do:
- Act as the primary point of contact in the DCC for test assurance activities for a Release, covering Pre Integration Testing and Systems Integration Testing and supporting the smooth handover to User Integration Testing and Production.
- Produce and consult on the Test Approach Document(s) and Test Plan(s) or the equivalent documents
- Establish the required scope of testing to be undertaken for each phase of a release
- Determine and manage the DCC resources required to assure assigned Releases.
- Act as the primary point of contact with the DCC's Service Providers on related testing matters.
- Agree how the detailed testing will be undertaken, evidenced and reported by the Service Providers.
- Direct the DCC's witnessing of tests and inspecting test results
- Collate, produce and present reports to the relevant governance bodies both internal and external to the DCC.
- Where required, will provide support to other areas of the Test Assurance function
- Lead the DCC's engagement with the Programmes/Projects and Service Providers on test assurance matters.
- Establish the scope and agree the detail of testing to be undertaken by the Service Providers
- Direct the analysis of test evidence to confirm that established criteria have been met
- Collation and presentation of information on the progress of testing and its assurance
- Production of routine and ad-hoc reports and timely escalation of issues to the Head of Test Assurance
Your experience will include:
- A test professional with relevant Testing experience Test Manager/Test Lead level.
- The ability and experience necessary to rapidly understand complex functionality and architectures
- Possesses an in depth understanding of testing standards and processes, and how these apply to a service provider
- The skills and experience to:
- scope the required system testing
- define the associated business scenarios
- assess the test programme and plan proposed by the Service Provider
- witness tests and inspect test results
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills: identifying any exceptions to the agreed test approach, proposing alternative solutions and agreeing appropriate responses
- Demonstrates strong communications skills - written & verbal
- Committed to driving a quality service
- Approachable, with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working
Skill and Experiences Desirable
Experienced in using test management tools (such as HP ALM) to manage test execution and reporting
Familiarisation with Remedy, Incident Management System
Knowledge of the GB telecoms or energy industry, in particular smart metering, is desirable
ISEB, ISTQB or equivalent certification
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job