Test and Calibration Technician
Salary: £25k+ per annum depending on skills and experience +Profit share (variable, but typically 10% of salary in recent years)
Our client produces a range of scientific instrumentation at its Cambridge, UK headquarters. Their high-value products are sold globally, including Asia, North America and Europe, to a mix of university and research customers. The company is privately owned, with over 30 years of steady growth.
Responsibilities of the Test and Calibration Technician:
- Testing of products according to existing test procedures.
- Troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electrical and gas systems.
- Calibration of products in a laboratory environment.
- Servicing of products returned from customers.
- Feedback of faults to production team.
- Work with team to identify opportunities for test procedure improvements.
Requirements of the Test and Calibration Technician:
- Ability to diagnose and make basic repairs to digital and analogue electronics, using relevant tools including DVM, oscilloscope, soldering iron.
- Ability to diagnose faults in gas / vacuum systems.
- General workshop skills- hand and power tools.
- General competence with Windows PCs including Excel for data manipulation.
Benefits of the Test and Calibration Technician:
- 25 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- Income protection insurance
- Death in service benefit.
Closing date:16th April 2018.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Test and Calibration Technician role then please apply now!