Job reference number 81795
Not many companies can say they’ve been around for 500 years and were founded by Henry VIII, but we can. Royal Mail is the UK’s designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities around the country. We are the only postal company to provide a one-price-goes-anywhere, six days a week service to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
It is an exciting time to join Royal Mail. As one of the UK's leading companies, we generated revenue of £9,776m in 2016-17. On top of this, we have recently undertaken an extensive review and transformation of the Technology function, one of the largest IT transformation programmes across the UK. With this transformation now complete, there is significant potential for growth and success.
Digital is now at the heart of our business and drives our vision of enabling smarter working - from Front Line colleagues through to Head Office. At the same time we strive to deliver innovative products and services through a world class customer experience.
The Test Analyst verifies that the completed product or increment functions according to the expectations defined by the requirements. Provides essential support to the functional test team members to ensure testing standards are maintained throughout all test phases
- Capable of designing and maintaining test suites for Royal Mail applications
- Design of scenarios for end to end testing
- Conducting testing, analysis of results and working with the development team
- Testing of product documentation
- Effective testing against defined acceptance criteria
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Input into planning and estimation within an agile framework to fulfil the requirements backlog
You will deliver effective testing activities across multiple products using various tool sets and data sources. You may be required to work within both agile and waterfall methodologies and possibly on several projects or programs at once.
Key knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required
- Be able to create SQL queries to support test case evidence
- Automation Test experience
- ISEB/iSTQB qualified
- Experience with either:
- HP/Micro Focus ALM and/or
- Exposure to SDLC methodologies, waterfall and agile
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Structured and analytical with the confidence to challenge where appropriate
- Experience of working with development teams and product managers or owners
- Strong numeracy and statistics skills with high attention to detail
- Experience with the following toolsets:
- SOAP UI
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Closing Date: 22/02/2018
Database, SQL, Testing, Technology