Test Analyst/Technical Test Analyst - Winchester
About the Role
As a highly-experienced Test Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring some or all of the criteria of testing is fulfilled and the continuous improvement of our software products, which include web-based applications and mobile apps. You will achieve this through working closely with the Scrum team and Product Owners to define Acceptance Criteria, and Software Engineers to manage the resolution of bugs.
- Contribute to the complete test cycle of software development from requirements testing to user acceptance and release testing for evolving products.
- Plan testing at different stages within the development cycle, including recommending a testing approach to match testing objectives and quality criteria.
- Recommend functional and non-functional testing standards.
- Identifying the target test items to be evaluated by test effort.
- Defining the appropriate tests required and gathering/managing test data.
- Evaluating and reporting the outcome of each test cycle.
- Writing and executing test scripts for software and systems to detect faults and maintain quality criteria, and tracking the success.
- Document defects and bugs that are discovered during testing.
- Working with peers to analyse the defects and bugs to identify what is causing them, and taking appropriate action.
- Developing or recommending solutions to fix any problems discovered during testing
- Performing integration testing, system testing, performance, load and regression testing.
- Be able to develop test cases, suites, scripts and scenarios.
- Keeping software and systems documentation up to date.
- Stay current with emerging tools and techniques in one’s own domain.
- Possess strong oral & written communication skills to present data as a concise story for diverse requirements.
- Analyse, propose and adopt test frameworks to solve analytical problems with incomplete data sets.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
Education and Qualifications
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent
- ISTQB Certified Tester
- 3+ years manual and automation test experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience testing large and complex applications.
- Experience making recommendations on the readiness of a version of software to go live, balancing outstanding issues with the business benefits of going live.
- Experience writing structured test scripts.
- Experience documenting bugs in a structured format in a bug tracking or project management system.
- Extensive experience working directly with customers or Product Owners to understand requirements and document them as test scripts and acceptance criteria.
- Outstanding communication skills:
o The ability to concisely articulate complex technical subject matter with colleagues of varying skill levels.
o The ability to listen, comprehend and to work with colleagues to reach a consensus on complex technical matters.
- Ability to build strong, credible and friendly working relationships with colleagues within the development team and beyond.
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly and effectively.
- Good understanding of a variety of different styles of software testing and when to apply them, including functional testing, unit testing, performance testing, usability testing and user acceptance testing.
Skills & Competencies
- Practical experience using Cucumber, Gherkin, Selenium, Jenkins and Postman.
- Experienced in implementing above said technologies.
- Experience in Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Working knowledge of desktop and web based applications.
- Hands on experience of developing, modifying and enhancing both manual test cases and scripts.
- Regression, UAT, QA and Smoke Testing.
- Using a ticketing/project management system, ideally VSTS.
- Using the Scrum software project management methodology.
- Working with analytics systems.
- Working with cloud hosting, ideally Azure.
- Good understanding of modern software development practices and the types of tooling which support it.
- Functional Testing
- Integration Testing
- Test Scripts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job