Tesco Territory Manager - Essex and East Anglia areas
About the Territory Manager role:
We're looking for a Territory Manager to cover the Essex and East Anglia area working within the Tesco field team. The field team works with Tesco stores across the news and magazine category to support in the delivery of over £350m in sales revenue.
This is achieved through:
- Delivering the agreed call cycle of store visits for the set territory, focussing on stores where there is an opportunity to improve the management of the Newspaper and Magazine category
- Building effective relationships with key store contacts in the area, and influencing store management and staff
- Coaching and training Tesco employees on management on the Newspaper and Magazine category
- Achieving the key performance indicators for the area
- Delivering accurate and timely reporting information when required
- Supporting development and project initiatives across the wider team when required
- Providing support for team members in other regions when required
- Company car
- 25days holiday
- Ideally reside in the Essex and Hertfordshire areas
- Extensive customer service experience
- Strong understanding of the retail environment
- Good understanding of news supply chain
- Proactive in identifying and resolving issues
- Excellent planning and personal organisation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective team player
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Data management and analysis skills
- Proficient in MS office practically Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment
- Results focused
- Customer & sales focused
- Self-motivated & flexible
The UK’s leading newspaper and magazine distributor, Smiths News currently has a 55 per cent share of the UK market and distributes 40 million newspapers and 14 million magazines each week. Smiths News enjoys a 200 year-old distribution heritage, and serves 35,000 customers from its 39 nationwide distribution centres, operating in the world’s fastest moving supply chain.
Working on behalf of all major national and regional publishers, Smiths News distributes a diverse range of print media to general retailers and smaller independent newsagents.
As an innovative organisation with a large geographical footprint of distribution centres and a diverse range of services to existing and new business partners, the Company diversified into new markets in 2014 and launched Pass My Parcel - a parcel service for sending, collecting or returning parcels from as early as 7am, daily, 364 days a year. Pass My Parcel now enjoys a rapidly growing client base which includes Amazon, ASOS, FCUK and The Wine Society.
In 2014 the Company also launched its Jack’s beans Coffee Company - a Fairtrade bean-to-cup self-serve coffee for consumers on the go.