SF Group are currently are currently recruiting for a Territory Sales Manager within the engineering industry. The role reports to the Sales Manager and will be based in South of England.
The new Territory Sales Manager will be joining a successful UK Business Unit of an innovative international corporation. They will be responsible for achieving or exceeding an agreed sales target within the defined 'South UK' territory through the sale of all Autochem integrated solutions focusing predominately on the Pharma, Biopharm, Fine Chemical and Academic sectors and Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations (CDMO's).
Key Role Responsibilities:
- The role is field based so the Territory Sales Manager would be expected to organise their own customer appointments with an expectation of spending 60-80% of their time in the field visiting customers. The Territory Sales Manager would be required to manage their time and prioritise their customer visits in order to deliver the growth expectations of the organisation
- The role entails nurturing and maintaining excellent business relationships with existing customer whilst also developing potential by actively seeking new business opportunities
- Act upon enquiries generated through the Company's various marketing activities and administer and update their status on the company's CRM system
- Provide regular activity feedback through the company's CRM system in line with the associated company KPI's
- Successfully develop and manage the opportunity/sales pipeline with maintenance of an accurate live sales forecast in the company's CRM.
- Collation and provision of quotations according to the requirements of the customer
- Engagement and cooperation with the other members of the Sales team, Technical team and Field Service Team to ensure the cross-flow of information
- Arrange and coordinate instruments and personnel for successful instrument evaluation at customers facilities
- Collate and report relevant commercial information for other Business Units to meet the company's cross-selling KPI's
- Feedback and effectively communicate all customer suggestions/complaints/queries via appropriate processes and procedures
- Present the company through direct communication, face to face meetings, trade shows, seminars, exhibitions, and by telephone and email activities
- The post holder will work as a member of the UK Field Sales team and is required to establish effective working relationships with various departments including Sales Support, Field Service, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, external suppliers and distributors and the wider divisional Field Sales Teams
What you will need to succeed as the Territory Sales Manager:
- Scientific degree level qualification (BSc) ideally in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Proven history of successfully delivering financial targets and objectives
- Experience of technical, value selling ideally of capital scientific instruments
- Previous experience of operating in a field-based sales role
- Knowledge of small molecule and/or large molecule drug development and manufacturing processes
- Wider knowledge of Pharma, Biopharm, Fine Chemical, Academic and Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations (CDMO's)
- Ideally located in or near to the Home Counties
- Expectation to be visiting customers 60% to 80% of the time which may require overnight stays away from home
- Some occasional overseas travel as required
- Highly computer literate with experience of CRM/SAP or a similar system
- Good organisational and presentation skills, together with the self-motivation to achieve targets and grow the business
- Excellent relationship building and customer facing skills
- Zealous attitude for learning
- Ability to understand detailed customer applications
- Confident negotiator
- Full UK Driving license
In return you will be offered an attractive salary of up to £45,000 + Commission.