Territory Sales Manager
Location: South Lincolnshire, North Cambridgeshire and North West Norfolk
Closing date: 09 February 2018
Our client is the largest independent construction materials group in the UK. They operate nearly 60 quarries, 27 asphalt plants, just under 200 ready-mixed concrete & mortar plants and three concrete block plants throughout England, Wales and Scotland, employing more than 2,100 people.
They are currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager to join their team based at West Deeping Quarry to cover South Lincolnshire, North Cambridgeshire and North West Norfolk.
You will generate sales of aggregate and concrete products through the effective management and development of new and existing customers and accounts. Duties will include the management of territory information, proactively chasing sales and handling day to day customer enquiries and queries.
The key elements of this part of the role are as follows:
- Agree targets for territory/assets in alignment with Area/Regional Commercial strategy and support the execution and delivery of the Regional Commercial Strategy
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customer contacts across the sales territory.
- Collaboratively manage nominated key customer accounts to deliver maximum value to the business.
- Timely and quality reporting of Won/Lost orders, Market Opportunities, Competitor Activity and Asset Sales Forecasts.
- Adhere to regional sales policy and processes;
- Plan and track own sales activity (calls, visits etc.) to maximise effective use of time
- Respond promptly and efficiently to enquiries, queries and complaints from own designated customer accounts and territory customers and proactively manage tender enquiries and contracts through to a won/lost reportable conclusion
- Promotion and sale of performance products against agreed pricing and volume targets
- Constant assessment of competitor activity, performance and workload so that capability can be assessed in the competitive environment.
Service Delivery and Internal Relationships
- Coordinate with distribution team to support them in delivering requires service levels
- Support to Commercial Manager and building Area/Regional Strategy and identifying growth opportunities
- Liaise with Credit Control to ensure credit limits are appropriate and that cash collection is maximised.
- Develop and maintain relationships with operations and technical within own territory, accurately forecasting and communicating customer requirements to prevent service and technical problems arising;
It is essential that you possess good written and mathematical skills and can demonstrate a sound track record in building customer relationships and winning business. Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be liaising with a variety of stakeholders, including operational and management colleagues, haulier merchants and directly to customer sites. You will also be IT literate. Previous commercial experience within the ready-mix concrete or aggregate market industry would be advantageous.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including pension and life assurance.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
- excellent Communication skills
- winning business
- Good written and mathematical skills
- sound track record building customer relationships