Nigel Wright have been appointed exclusively to support a key client with the recruitment of a Southern based territory sales manager for a key client within the metals sector. The role will cover the South East and South West and Would be suited to someone living in or around Swindon, Luton, Guildford or Reading.
As territory manager, you will be expected to lead the sales process with an effective business capture strategy for new, existing business and lapsed customers. You will be responsible for commercial sales development for our industrial and security range. You will have responsibility for meeting sales objectives including revenue, gross margin, new account and segment penetration and overall customer satisfaction within your territory. You will ensure that large opportunities are commercially and technically qualified through the sales pipeline. The role is home based.
- Manage prospects / suspects through the sales pipeline, manage existing customers and rekindle lapsed.
- Personal oversight and involvement with key account relationships with end customers and distributors.
- Delivery of territory budget contributing to overall targets.
- Report on call activity and sales pipeline.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on competitor positioning and identify and implement strategies to convert their customer base.
- Promotion of key differentiators and promotion of our capabilities and value-added services.
- Involvement and development of a product roadmap to satisfy market segment needs
You have a natural business development flair, you will have experience dealing with complex procurement processes along with in depth understanding selling to automotive, architectural design, building & construction, acoustic & filtration markets. You will be formally sales trained and have a proven track record of implementing, managing and reporting sales pipeline and opportunities using recognised sales methodologies
- Proven experience in sales / business development.
- A level of technical understanding / competence within metal industry.
- Proven track record of managing and reporting against the sales cycle
- Professionally persistent
- Technically competent
- Detective - knowing how to plan and research clients and opportunities
- Ability to handle objections and close deals
- Commercially astute with in-depth market knowledge of our market.
- Motivational with the ability to lead by example
- Natural relationship builder
- Ability to prioritise & manage multiple projects
- Calm under pressure.