Territory Sales Manager - Building Materials
We are currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager to take responsibility for all sales activity for aggregates and asphalt at our Dowlow Quarry in Buxton, Derbyshire. You will also be responsible for managing and leading a small internal team.
The key elements of the role are as follows:
- Agree targets for territory/assets in alignment with Area/Regional Commercial strategy and support the execution and delivery of the Regional Commercial Strategy
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with customer contacts across the sales territory.
- Collaboratively manage nominated key customer accounts to deliver maximum value to the business.
- Timely and quality reporting of Won/Lost orders, Market Opportunities, Competitor Activity and Asset Sales Forecasts.
- Adhere to regional sales policy and processes;
- Plan and track own sales activity (calls, visits etc.) to maximise effective use of time
- Respond promptly and efficiently to enquiries, queries and complaints from own designated customer accounts and territory customers and proactively manage tender enquiries and contracts through to a won/lost reportable conclusion
- Promotion and sale of performance products against agreed pricing and volume targets
- Constant assessment of competitor activity, performance and workload so that capability can be assessed in the competitive environment.
Service Delivery and Internal Relationships
- Coordinate with distribution team to support them in delivering requires service levels
- Support to Commercial Manager and building Area/Regional Strategy and identifying growth opportunities
- Liaise with Credit Control to ensure credit limits are appropriate and that cash collection is maximised.
- Develop and maintain relationships with operations and technical within own territory, accurately forecasting and communicating customer requirements to prevent service and technical problems arising;
- Membership of industry bodies as appropriate;
It is essential that you possess good written and mathematical skills for this role and can demonstrate a sound track record in building customer relationships and winning business. Excellent communication skills are also essential as you will be liaising with a variety of stakeholders, including operational and management colleagues, haulier merchants and directly to customer sites. It would be advantageous if you have previous commercial experience within the UK aggregates and asphalt market.
The Group places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to contribute to the Company's zero harm culture.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered including company car and pension.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.