Tenancy Sustainability Advisor
Wakefield or Sheffield
£22,634 p/annum rising to £25,670 with length of service
37 hours p/week | Temp (maternity cover)
The Together Housing Group is currently enjoying a fantastic period of growth, and as such we have a great opportunity for a new tenancy sustainability advisor to join the wider income team, playing a key role in sustaining various tenancies. This post will be to cover for an existing member of the team whilst they are on maternity leave, whilst giving you a much greater and wider insight into the Together Housing Group as a whole. You will be targeting tenants whose tenancies are at a risk of failure due to income-related issues. Together Housing is a leading Housing Association, which improves the lives of thousands across the North of England, from Blackburn & Salford across as far as Hull & Derby.
This role would be working with tenants across South and West Yorkshire to proactive advice to tenants who either are or are anticipated to be impacted by welfare reforms, which could affect their ability to maintain their tenancy payments.
You will be promoting the importance of being a responsible rent payer, including prioritisation of tenancy-related payments to maximise the long-term effectiveness of interventions.
You will also be providing short term assistance to tenants in crisis and/or at risk from serious abuse by co-ordinating referrals to other agencies/signposting to local services.
In order to fulfil the role of Tenancy Sustainability Advisor, based out of Wakefield or Sheffield; you will require the following key skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience of advising customers on income-related matters, whilst working in a customer focused operation
- You will need experience of working with vulnerable people and/or customers from disadvantaged backgrounds who may also have complex needs
- You should have a background in providing services that are responsive to diverse needs of customers including a flexible approach to working with them
- You will need to have knowledge of the welfare reform agenda and the wider external environment within which all social housing providers operate
- You will need to understand the reasons and underlying causes relating to arrears, financial exclusion and tenancy failures
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving license is required, with access to a vehicle insured for business use. Travel across the group will be required.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes; 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays.
A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
Great new comfortable and modern offices
A huge scope of personal development opportunities
A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
For the more active minded we also offer a "cycle to work" scheme
The closing date for applications is the 23rd September, with interviews being held week commencing 30th September.
- Social Housing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'