Are you an experienced tenancy support officer, looking for an immediate temporary opportunity? Can you commit to a minimum period of 4-6 weeks, possibly longer? If yes, then please get in contact with us and apply for this opportunity we are looking for someone to start in this position asap.
As a tenancy support officer, you will be providing a comprehensive welfare benefit and money advice service to council tenants. You will be required to have a minimum of 2 years experience working in this same job role, or working within a benefits advisor role, and will ideally have this experience within the last few years due to recent welfare changes. You will be covering this post on a temporary basis whilst the position is filled permanently. You will also have the right to apply for this role whilst covering, so could transform into a permanent opportunity for the right person.
*Full time hours
*Temp to perm for the right person
* Provide welfare benefit and money advice to tenants
* Manage the referral process for the housing welfare officer from initial referral to case closure
* Identify and explain suitable benefits available to tenants
* Provide help to tenants for financial planning, including income and expenditure.
* Referrals to external agencies such as Bankruptcy and Debt Relief Orders
* Record information using IT system
* Assist in tenant training on welfare benefits and money management
* Maintaining your own staff knowledge on welfare benefits and debt legislation
Skills and experience;
*Excellent communication skills
*Minimum of 2 years experience of working within this nature of role
*High numeracy skills
*Strong time management skills
*Ability to negotiate
*Efficient and effective within the work place
*Assertive whilst showing the desire to help people
*Able to manage a variety of case loads
*Able to build relationships and but people at ease, and to build trust
*You will ideally have a qualification in specialist money advice at NVQ level 2
If you have the experience and skills required for this opportunity, and you can meet the availability requirements, please apply for this job now and call me on . I look forward to hearing fro you soon.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.