Temporary too Permanent Bookkeeper
Our client is seeking a Part Time Bookkeeper to join their friendly team in a growing organisation.
CANDIDATE WILL IDEALLY BE ABLE TO BEGIN ON A TEMPORARY TOO PERMANENT BASIS ASAP.
It is paramount that the individual is competent in all aspects of general accounts as this person will work solely however with a great team around them.
Working 21 hours each week, the individual will work 3 consecutive days, either Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday alternatively Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday, 9.00am - 5.00pm.
Temporary hourly rate £20.00.
Part time salary will be offered between £22,000 - £25,000.
Location: 10 minute Walk from Liverpool Street, Old Street or Moorgate.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working with Sage 50
- Excellent bookkeeping skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Well presented and professional approach
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the financial aspects of the organisation and six other related organisations, with a combined turnover of £1.8m, including the use of Sage and the preparation of management account information and reports.
The role involves overseeing the sales and purchase ledgers, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and bank reconciliations. To work closely with other members of the team and external accountants to ensure that accurate and timely financial information is recorded and reported.
- Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations and ensuring adequate cash reserves are maintained
- Full control of sales and purchase ledgers
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Reviewing and posting expenses
- Processing membership and other sales invoices
- Supporting external accountants with annual statutory accounts
- Ensuring fixes asset register us up to date
- Preparation of various prepayments and accruals journals
- Preparation of management account information
- Ensuring financial procedures and controls are up to date
- Statutory filings to HMRC & Companies House
- Other adhoc financial tasks
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.
- PART TIME