Employment Plus (Agency) are now recruiting experienced Support Workers to work with our client, a provider of independent living services for adults with learning disabilities in the Carshalton and Wimbledon area.
The aim of the role is to enable Service Users to lead independent and fulfilling lives, whilst being supported in their own flats and in the community.
You will be required to assist service users to access services and to attend activities of their choice in the local community, enabling and supporting them to make their own decisions and supplementing this with any additional specific tasks that may be required according to their needs and wishes.
Other duties will include:
- Enabling service users to maintain existing, and develop new skills
- Promoting Independence at all times
- Providing personal care as required
- Helping service users achieve personal goals as detailed in their Person Centred Plan/Support plan.
- At least 6 months experience, paid or voluntary, supporting people with learning disabilities
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Experience of working with individuals with complex needs
- Professional and committed and able to work as part of a team or alone and to support colleagues to do their jobs
- Good communication skills (both written and oral) and be able to complete forms and write accurate reports
- Ideally be able to drive with a full UK licence
- A current enhanced DBS registered on the update service, or willing to pay for a new one (£60)
- Able to provide professional references covering the last 3 years
We are looking for suitable candidates to start ASAP. We can offer a variety of shifts and hours. Please send you CV in the first instance if you feel you are a suitable for the role, we will then contact you and arrange a registration interview.
This position is subject to satisfactory references and a clear enhanced DBS.
Employment Plus is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Employment Plus/ healthcare Plus / Education Plus are acting as an Employment Business in respect of this position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job