TEMPORARY REGIONAL FUNDRAISERS
Based in Scotland, Yorkshire, Manchester, Birmingham or London
Full or Part-time
Penny Appeal is an award winning, international humanitarian charity delivering aid in over 30 countries including the UK. We pride ourselves in the work that we do and the aid we are able to deliver, from sustainable programmes internationally and locally as well as emergency aid responses. We also take pride in the people that support us externally and the ones that make things happen internally.
We are the fastest growing charity in our sector with a fast-paced working environment. When a crisis hits internationally we respond immediately. Outside emergencies, we have a packed marketing calendar full of creative campaigns, award-winning events, and unique projects all aimed at helping the most vulnerable. We can see an immediate impact from our hard work and it can be so rewarding to see the positive feedback from the people we have helped.
You will work primarily with the Regional Fundraising Manager to initiate, plan, and manage the fundraising and volunteer activity for the charity through targeting communities within a specific region.
- To represent the charity at events in a professional and presentable manner, and do the utmost to promote the charity.
- To attend, promote, and raise funds for the charity at any events organised by other organisations or persons.
- To help grow the donor database of the charity.
- To establish, build, and maintain relationships with key contacts including but not limited to donors, volunteers, ISOCS, schools, local community leaders and groups, and external organisations, including the general public.
- Create, build and develop partnerships with small to medium-sized businesses/enterprises.
- Proactively seek new funders and individuals or opportunities for donors to contribute towards the organisation through personal contacts or knowledge of the Muslim community.
- To securely log all donations and pledges accurately and ensure that clear records of such donations and pledges are maintained
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures as per the company handbook, health and safety requirements and other management systems
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Excellent interpersonal (written and oral) communication skills.
- Excellent networking and influencing skills.
- Commitment to community and social development values.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Good independent judgement, strategic vision and ability to challenge constructively.
- Tolerant of the views and opinions of others.
- Established networks to facilitate PR and fundraising.
- A creative individual who can galvanise volunteers and staff to overcome challenges and provide solutions laterally.
- Good knowledge of contemporary fundraising techniques.
- Good knowledge of the charity and volunteer sector and UK Muslim community.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and work on own initiative.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise work.
- Ability to speak confidently in public.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with a diverse range of people internally and externally.
- Ability to gain trust and confidence of stakeholders.
- Ability to use social media for the purposes of engaging stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends when required.