An exciting opportunity has risen for an Payables Manager within a leading local employer with a great culture of promoting staff internally. On an temporary basis this role is required to support a fast paced finance function with high volume invoice processing involving multi currency. This position is to start immediately and this role is urgent to be based in Milton Keynes with an immediate start.
Situated in Milton Keynes my client are linked to the Travel and Tourism industry, leading from the front within their sector. The Payables Team is industry leading and hence the need for immediate cover to ensure their high standards are maintained and continued with a Payables Manager to oversee their current success while trying to cleanse and streamline their internal processes where possible.
Payables Manager Clerk duties
- Ensure Accounts Payable function records expense claims, invoice processing and credit card processing accurately and makes payments on a timely basis.
- Take the lead to ensure that the policies and procedures are maintained, to monitor compliance for the UK as well as overseas entities. This includes providing operational guidance to the Accounts Payable team for day-to-day activities such as processing payments, resolving queries and managing ongoing monthly activities.
- To ensure that all supplier invoices are captured in the books and records, reconciled to ledgers at least monthly and are paid on time. The New Performance Reporting practices need to be implemented and adhered to.
Meeting financial team deadlines to include month, quarter and year-end close duties, balance sheet management and reporting requirements.
- To communicate with all levels of the organisation about the accounts payable process
Lead on-going process improvement initiatives and streamlining the operations of the Accounts Payable function. Review operations on an ongoing basis to ensure controls and records are adequate and appropriate.
Leading the Accounts Payable function includes responsibilities for performance management, recruitment, and skills management.
- Assisting with escalated queries from suppliers and year end audit requests
Providing management reporting as required
You will have worked in an Finance team before and able to deal with managing a high volume of invoices. Ideally use of an ERP system and someone who is able to hit the ground in this Payables manager role is beneficial however training will be included to the companies specific processes and procedures.
An attractive hourly rate for the successful, immediately available Payables manager and the opportunity to join a great team with the scope of a longer term position.
- accounts payable
- invoice management
- payables manager tasks
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job