Temporary Payroll Officer
This role will be covering the sole payroll function. This position will require an immediate start.
The client is a successful and Charity based in Bradford-On-Avon
The key responsibilities will include:
- Validate and process on Exchequer: Monthly time sheets and expense claims, Absences, Employment changes (rate changes, starters, leavers, smp etc)
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for each employee for payroll
- Liaise with HR re absences, change of conditions, starters and leavers
- Discrepancies with employees, involving their manager where necessary and give appropriate advise to resolve the issue
- Payroll queries from all staff (but not extending to personal tax queries)
- Process monthly payroll, including time sheets and expenses
- Process payments to payroll creditors
- Prepare and submit HMRC returns, pension company returns and any other third party payroll related organisations
- Add/delete/amend employees to the Auto Enrolment scheme
- Ensure necessary NHS pension records are maintained, and NHS pension procedures performed (eg retirees)
- Answer staff queries on pension processes (but not extending to advice)
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong Knowledge of Payroll Function
- Having Previously worked in a sole Payroll Position
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong MS office skills, e.g. Excel and Word
- High attention to detail
- A good team player
- ITRENT Knowledge will be a Big Plus!
The client is offering a competitive rate of pay, alongside the potential for a permanent role for the right candidate.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"