Temporary Payroll Clerk
Your new company
You will be working for the NHS in Southend Hospital, as part of the payroll team.
Your new role
You will be working in the payroll team, responsible for calculating and processing weekly and monthly payroll from start to finish.
- Compile employee timesheets, production and payroll data from various forms.
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of pay.
- Compute salaries and deductions on ESR
- Issue and record adjustments to pay, related to previous omissions
- Process and issue employee payslips and statements of earnings and deductions
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, in order to maintain and update payroll records
- Review time sheets, or on E-Rostering, salary computations and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws and the Pension legislation that apply to the payroll process
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, auto enrolment, benefit plans
- Request NHS Pension forecasts, AW8 (Normal Age & Voluntary Early retirement) Ill Health retirement, Commutation, Death in Service, Pension refunds, general updating Pension's on line or complete other changes for pension
This role is a temporary role, starting in March.
What you'll need to succeed
Successful candidates must have experience working in payroll, including making calculations and deductions.
Due to the nature of the role, you will also be required to complete a DBS check and training for the position.
You MUST be IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will be offered an hourly rate of up to £13 per hour.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.