Temporary PA, Leicester
Your new company
My client a leading public sector organisation in Leicester is looking for a proven PA to support their department
Your new role
- Meeting delegates, arranging refreshments, ensuring that the training rooms are kept to a high standard at all times.
- General administrative duties to include, taking minutes, telephone cover, compiling standard reports, manage a standardised filing system to cover all necessary paper work generated by the Training Department, ensuring stocks of stationary are maintained and reporting any IT issues to the service desk as they arise and feeding back to the team.
- To organise events, meetings and diaries as directed by the departmental managers and project managers.
- To receive contact from a diverse range of users who have a range of IT issues. Calls can range from routine queries about e.g. resetting passwords, through to complex technical issues that could affect entire sites and require good communication skills. Working to both de-escalate the user's emotional response and use effective questioning to identify the actual underlying issue. Then to work with the user who may have a limited IT understanding to convey a solution relaying complicated information in a format that they can understand.
- Interpreting the information that the user has conveyed to you to identify from a range of solutions what is a likely resolution. Work through known solutions by analysing likely cause and effects to resolve issues. Escalating issues appropriately.
- Plan and organise your own work which will consist of a number of activities, some of which are non-routine, which could require adjustment within a daily basis.
- Identifying from the information the user has given if there are safety issues with the equipment they are using, initiating swap out process for faulty equipment, working with end users to ensure that IT equipment remains as effective as possible to support staff in their roles.
- Educating users through remote accessing to users computers to help users develop understanding of issues and make them be self sufficient at problem solving their own issues for the future. Relaying technical information to users in a way that they can understand.
- Taking course bookings via telephone, email or fax, entering details accurately onto the training database. Sending confirmation letters, updating the system following return of registers and completion of course.
- Ensure courses are created and maintained on via an Learning Management System (LMS)
- Production and maintenance of training materials / training folders ensuring a consistent high quality.
- Pro-actively creating and running reports using LMS and checking that that results are correct in order to enable quality reporting and auditing of this information.
- Arranging IT courses to include on-site and clinical system training, liaising with the customer, setting courses up, entering details on to system, booking all required resources and informing all personnel involved.
- Offer first line support on an ad-hoc basis for basic computer queries.
- To assist with the creation of project documentation where needed by means of research into specific specialist subject matters and other project related information research and support.
- To act as project librarian to PRINCE2 project boards, understanding terminology and ensuring correct project documentation is in place.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate must have excellent organisational skills and be confident at taking extensive minutes.
You will have excellent, clear and professional communication skills at all levels, excellent understanding of IT to include MSO applications 'Word & Excel'. Proficient in taking minuets for meetings at all levels. Be able to think on their feet and outside the box, professional phone manner. Punctual, work as a team and understand the trust values.
What you'll get in return
This role is a temporary role working Monday to Friday 9-5.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'