Our clients in York are seeking an Occupational Therapist to work within their Housing Standards and Adaptations team.
This part time role (3 days per week) is for an immediate start for at least 5 months.
This is an exciting role for a qualified Occupational Therapist to perform a specialist role, working with customers who are disabled, including children and families who have complex health, social and housing needs.
This will include customers with chronic and terminal illness, mental health and learning disability, enabling them to maintain independence in their own home, and to consider the needs of their carers with equal priority.
Core responsibilities, tasks and duties include:
• To assess the individual needs of the customer with a physical disability in order to enable them to remain as independent as possible in their own home environment
• To complete comprehensive functional assessments including risk evaluation, assessing the customer’s complex and special needs in activities of daily living in their home environment.
• To use in-depth knowledge of the effects of disability on a person’s emotional, psychological and social life in order to identify and select in partnership with the customer and carers the most appropriate intervention options.
• To recommend the provision of complex adaptations to the customer’s property, liaising appropriately with other agencies, using specialist professional skills, including an in-depth knowledge of specialist housing adaptations.
To apply for this role you must have:
• Degree/diploma in Occupational Therapy;
• Current registration with Health Professionals Council; ;
• Two years post-graduate experience;
• Specialist knowledge of relevant legislation underpinning practice, including of community care, children and housing legislation;
• Detailed knowledge of Fair Access to Care Services eligibility criteria and relevant procedures and policies;
• A working knowledge of the current National Health Service strategies, policies and procedures e.g. clinical governance, National Service Framework;
This role will suit an empathetic, organised, and adaptable Occupational Therapist who has the highest level of personal resilience, the ability to work well under pressure and clear decision making skills and professional standards.
- Learning Disabilities
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy
- Young People