Looking for a new challenge working with animals in Cheshire?
Agenda are the largest provider of Animal Technicians within the Life Science sector, so these positions are an exceptional opportunity for someone wanting to develop in this field. We are looking for an adventurous individual, who would like to contribute to the research industry, whilst maintaining a high standard of welfare.
This is a temporary position.
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity is essential along with an eye for detail
- Experience of working as an Animal Technician in a laboratory environment would be preferred
- Home Office Personal Licence is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of providing a high standard of animal care and husbandry either through work, leisure or voluntary work (with small animal species)
Duties and Responsibilities
- General husbandry, including feeding, watering, preparation and changing of cages.
- Medical examinations
- Maintaining detailed, accurate records regarding breeding, health, welfare and environmental checks
- Adhering to Home Office guidelines and the Animal Scientific Procedures Act 1986.
- Responsible for providing a high standard of service and expected to follow key animal care protocols in order to ensure the welfare of all animals within the research facility
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Science
- Animal Welfare
- Accurate Record Keeping
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'