Temporary IT Customer Support Specialist
Our client is looking for an IT Support Specialist who has experience of 1st and 2nd line support.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line IT Support for the company corporate user base and deliver this within a set of pre-defined SLA’s
- Managing tasks through to completion and where necessary escalating and liaising with internal and external 3rd party support teams
- Use of Helpdesk package (Supportworks) to log, update and manage incidents and service requests on a continual basis.
- To create\update technical documentation for the Knowledgebase and to follow procedural documentation
- Create and administer User Accounts and Security Groups using AD and MORE.
- Manage the Exchange environment including Lync, mailbox permissions and distribution lists
- To Image\Re-image PC’s (Laptops\Desktops\Tablets) using SCCM
- To install, maintain and support all approved software and support the roll-out of new applications
- Provide management support for office moves, removal and reinstallation of equipment
- Usage of remote management tools (SCCM) to create a more supportable environment
- Receive, prioritize, and respond to requests regarding Audio Visual equipment and/or connectivity problems.
- To support PC connectivity (LAN & Wi-fi) to networks, both within the office and remotely via VPN
- To configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user telecommunications hardware (smartphone and fixed line) and associated management tools
- Provide equipment and software handovers to New Users and where appropriate more in depth IT training
- Auditing and ordering of Hardware and Software
- Print server management
- Cable management and patching
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with project lifecycle Strong MS Office skills with a good understanding of Excel, Outlook and Word
- Good customer focus, and recognition of the differing types of IT customers
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and ability to develop good relationships with other team members and customers
- The ability to work in a busy environment and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office is essential.
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.