Temporary Housing Officer Vacancy- Sheffield- Reed
Our Client are currently recruiting for a temporary Housing Officer to work within a team that re-houses homeless households into private rented accommodation. The team is a great team to be a part of; dedicated to bridging the gap between homeless households and the private rented sector to make a real difference in reducing and preventing homelessness in the city.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: March 2021
Pay Rate: £10-£10.92 per hour PAYE
Location: Working From Home Majority of the time but have access to the office in S1.
Your day to day tasks could include:
- Interview clients, undertake housing need and homeless assessments within statutory and policy frameworks, provide advice, ongoing support and maintain client contact
- Carrying out home visits or visits to hospitals and other relevant sites
- Preventing homelessness, hospital admissions and delayed discharges from a range of supported and institutional accommodation and care
- Collect information relating to applications from a variety of sources
- Progress cases, from application to final outcome and evaluation including administration of reviews and the collection of any additional required information from a range of sources
- Provide information on all available housing, support and other related services
- Make decisions within legal and policy frameworks
- Provide positive outcomes for clients using a full range of options and empowering where possible
- Assist clients to access specialist support services as required (for example, advocacy services, tenancy support, equipment and adaptations, city wide alarms)
- Interpret and support clients of the Local Authority through the Council’s Lettings Policy, including assistance with the bidding process
- Providing office duty work
- Liaise with other statutory and voluntary sector organisations,
- Arrange interim accommodation with the Interim Accommodation Team where required
- Assist in reaching all targets across the Housing Solutions Service
- Manage own targets specific to the post
- Respond to customer queries and/or complaints
- Respond to telephone, mail and electronic enquiries
- Produce and present reports including making recommendations on any aspect of the Housing Solutions Service
- A good understanding of housing needs of vulnerable people specific to your duties and responsibilities and an empathetic nature
- Commitment to respecting and maintaining customer confidentiality
- Knowledge of housing legislation and other law relevant to housing advice and homelessness, experience of homelessness assessments or advice work
- Car driver with access to your own vehicle is essential- must be willing to travel to the city to carry out viewings on properties
- IT literate
- Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available on request.
If you are interested in this role please send your up to date CV to
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'