A leading Hotel within London is seeking a full time temporary Credit Controller in their office based in Marylebone.
This key role will be liaising within the Credit Control team and reporting to the Credit Manager. The position offers great exposure into being a part of the finance team, learning how to do a range of accounting skills.
The main Credit Control responsibilities will be:
Financial management & awareness:
- Chase payment of overdue debt by telephone and e-mail for agreed accounts
- Ensure that monthly cash targets are achieved
- Ensure that debtor days for the accounts are maintained/reduced within targets set.
- Resolve queries to ensure prompt payment by liaising with clients
- Create and update clear and concise event notes in the sales ledger
- Maintain client accounts within the sales ledger as required to ensure accuracy as well as any specific invoicing instructions.
- Check the posting of payments and allocations
- Escalate to credit manager any impact to a divisions margin report
Client management & engagement (internal & external stakeholders):
- Build Relationships both internally and externally to assist in collection of debt and reduction of queries
- Maintain a high standard of conduct and work performance to promote reputation with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible and Approachable professional attitude to all key internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure prompt resolution of all queries.
A successful candidate will be someone who has gained a couple years experience in either within the hospitality industry. A personable and likeable character who can liaise with clients. Also has good working knowledge of client portals.
What’s on Offer
This role is a month long temporary position and is suitable for someone looking to gain some exposure at a well renowned name.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.