Temporary Highway Surveyor
Various locations across the UK
£18,000 - £20,000pa pro rata starting salary (with increase once accredited)
6-month Temporary Contract
Yotta is a leader in the highways market, providing a complete range of UKPMS Surveys (Course Visual Inspection/Detailed Visual Inspection/SCANNER/Asset Surveys), software and services to Local Authorities and engineering consultants to help them deliver better value for money and service in managing and maintaining our road network.
Yotta is a wholly owned subsidiary of OMG plc which is listed under AIM on the London Stock Exchange.
The Highway Surveyor is a field based position completing Visual Surveys of our clients’ highway networks.
Using our bespoke software you will inspect our clients’ highway/footway networks and record condition and inventory data onto a handheld PDA. This will require interpreting mapping and description information to correctly identify the specific extents to survey. Surveys will be walked and you will be required to walk in excess of 10km per day on some projects.
Condition information is recorded to UKPMS standard and full training will be given to the successful candidates. Successful candidates will be offered the opportunity to gain a UKPMS Surveying Accreditation.
All staff must ensure that the company’s environmental policy is adhered to.
37.5 hours per week excluding lunch breaks, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm. You are entitled to a 60 minute unpaid lunch break.
This is a field based role so you are required to be mobile. Your work will be carried out in different locations around London and the Home Counties and may require extended periods away from home on a Monday-Friday basis. The company will provide you with all reasonable travel and accommodation expenses.
To be considered for the Highway Surveyor position, you will have the following experience skill and attributes:
- Full UK driving licence
- Exclusive use of own vehicle
- Reasonable level of fitness as role requires walking
- Excellent IT literacy, including experience of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent map reading ability
- Good eye for detail to identify errors
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and productivity targets
- Flexibility to work to meet the business needs
- Experience of highway surveying
- Experience of using mapping applications (GIS)
- UKPMS Course Visual Inspection/Detailed Visual Inspection Accreditation
Highway Surveyor Benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per annum
If you feel you are the right person for our Highway Surveyor position, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job