Temporary Female Support Worker 30 hours in Kirkby in Ashfield
Are you looking for a job where you can go home knowing you made a difference? Are you passionate about people?
We are looking to recruit a committed and reliable person to support 3 sisters with a learning disability and varying support needs including mobility and health needs, in a bungalow in Kirkby to live a fulfilled and happy life. Due to the personal care aspect of the role, a female support worker is required.
We are working to make our recruitment as person centred as we can. The service profile attached has been created with the people we support.
Could this be you?
What people like and admire about you-
- You are caring and attentive
- You have a patient and calm nature
- You like shopping
- You like bowling
- You like disco's/dancing
- You like days out
- Able to support people to access the community
- Being self motivated and enthusiastic
- You enjoy being creative with your communication
- You enjoy cooking and involving people where possible
- You enjoy being part of a team and working towards a common aim
- You aspire to develop as part of the team
- You take time to understand the routines of others
- Your domestic skills
- You're always friendly and positive
- You don't panic and can stay calm in challenging situations
- You have experience or an awareness of supporting people learning disabilities
What's important to you-
- Helping people to live the life they want to lead.
- Supporting people to enjoy their own space
- Building relationships based on trust, and a genuine interest in other people.
- Supporting people to make the most of a life outside the service. E.g. with family and friends.
- Supporting people to enjoy their free time for example: shopping, local events, meals, day trips.
- Helping people to develop their skills
- Helping people to make choices
- Supporting people with their health
The selection process will use this criteria to match not only skills and experience but also hobbies and interests of applicants with the people being supported. It is likely that the final decision on the success of your application will be decided by the people you will be supporting along with their keyworkers.
You must be willing to work flexibly as and when required. You will work on a rota basis throughout the week, at weekends and bank holidays. Sleep-ins are also an essential part of the role.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Job Ref: 12679
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job