Temporary Dental Triage Nurses
Huddersfield, HD2 and Leeds, LS7
Our prestigious client urgently requires temporary dental triage nurses to work in their booking centres in Huddersfield, HD2 and Leeds, LS7. The positions are to start as soon as possible.
The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year which will include Bank Holidays. All staff are expected to work on Bank Holidays should their shift fall on that day.
Our client is looking to recruit to cover the following shifts based in Huddersfield or their Leeds office:
Overnight shifts - Monday to Friday
Weekend shifts - Saturday and Sunday
PLEASE NOTE: There is a minimum of 20 hours requirement for these positions.
Your duties will include:
- To respond to dental patient calls transferred from NHS 111 in a professional and timely manner, in line with all relevant protocols/procedures and key performance indicators for the service
- To provide evidence based clinical assessment, prioritisation, and advice over the telephone working within clinical capabilities and competencies and in line with the NHS Pathways Dental Module
- To identify those patients, appropriate to be booked into an urgent dental care appointment and prioritise need when booking into an appointment, taking into account patient circumstances/preferences as appropriate
- To ensure that patients are given correct information relating to exemption from payment of dental charges
- To ensure that patients who are not appropriate to be booked into an urgent dental care appointment are provided with relevant information regarding self-care and/or finding a regular dentist using the Directory of Services (DOS) and/or the NHS Choices website
- To strive to improve performance and quality as needed, in line with clinical governance and performance review policies/procedures
Experience and skills required:
- Current Dental Nurse or other Dental Professional and currently registered with the General Dental Council
- Additional qualifications relevant to primary dental care
- Experience of working in a primary or secondary dental care setting
- Evidence of continuing personal/ professional development
- Experience of telephone triage.
- Experience of using NHS Pathways and DOS
- Experience of working in an urgent dental care or Community Dental Service setting
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Good assessment & decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated team worker.
- Understanding of primary and secondary dental care services.
- Able to manage time and workload in order to meet performance standards.
- Good keyboard/PC skills.
- Aware of impact of change on self, the team, and the service.
- Up-to-date knowledge of health agenda (local and national).
- Understanding of how to deal with difficult or vulnerable patients.
- Previous experience in relation to the NHS111 dental patient pathway
- Positive & enthusiastic
- Patient focussed
- Team player
- Calm & empathetic
- Candidates should indicate an acceptance of and commitment to the principles underlying Equal Opportunities Policy
Please note that all successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check (Criminal Records Check) and will need to provide references covering a 5-year period.
GDPR Disclaimer:Please appreciate that whilst we review all CV’s and applications, due to the high volume that we receive on a regular basis, we only respond to candidates that have been successful with their application. As such, if you do not hear from us within 14 working days, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Additionally. please note that sending a CV does not constitute a registration with THE Agency (Recruitment) Limited. In line with GDPR we will permanently delete information for all unsuccessful applications, and we will not keep candidate information on file for future vacancies at this stage of our process.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'