Fabulous opportunity for a polished, organised Executive Assistant to Support a Lead Partner within the insolvency/Creditor Services Division. Core duties will include:
• To type all letters and reports by audit or copy in accordance with the Firms’ standard procedures to a high level of accuracy and to draft correspondence for the designated partners as appropriate.
• To ensure that any diaries maintained are kept up to date, to arrange meetings, conference calls, travel and accommodation as required.
• To monitor the partner’s emails if requested to do so and flag any urgent matters immediately.
• To screen telephone calls, relaying messages on a timely basis.
• To act as a principal point of contact for internal and external clients, and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times
• To develop a broader knowledge of the clients for which the partners and managers act i.e. becoming involved in some research work, taking notes, attend client meetings on occasions and arranging events.
• Produce presentations and reports for partners and managers as and when required
• To be proactive and deal with any queries and post in the absence of the partners/managers
• To file correspondence and other documents as required and ensure that client records and details are kept up to date
• To deal with incoming and outgoing mail in an efficient and effective manner, and to undertake other duties as required
• To check in detail work undertaken so that it is error free and ready for approval when returned
• To keep the Partner group fully informed of the current status of work, and any problems encountered and to provide recommendations on how these can be resolved efficiently and effectively
• To prioritise and complete work on a timely basis and ensure that specific deadlines are met
• Inputting timesheets as and when required on a timely basis
• Completing specific projects as required by the Partner
• To undertake other duties and support the Department as required
• Attend staff meetings and training as required.
• Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
• Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
Ideal candidate must have previous experience within professional services or Insolvency.
- Client Meetings
- Professional Services